Mars Hill Study Center will be opened to the public on Thursday, July 31 at 10 am. It will be a low-profile affair. No hoopla, press release or parade. Just a sign in front of the building saying we’re open for “business.” We’ll rely on word-of-mouth, flyers in churches around the area, and prayers.
Click on the pictures for larger images.
As you can see, there’s still a bunch of needs, including:
- Printed resources: Books, journals, magazines, periodicals
- Multimedia equipment: TV, DVD player, LCD projector, and multimedia resources
- Computer equipment: Two PCs, laser printer/copier, DSL router
- Furniture: Two computer tables, bookcase, office table, chairs, whiteboard
- Appliances: coffee maker, microwave oven, split-type air-conditioner
Although it’s not fully ready yet, what we have right now is a good start. This is already quite a bit of resources that will help local pastors. And we’re very grateful to one of our United Reformed Churches for donating about a hundred books, which include many Bible commentaries and exegetical resources, and which we hope will arrive from the States in about a month.
Please spread the word to your friends who live in the area. College age and beyond are all welcome!